Video Brochure FAQ
At Vidioh we’re always happy to help. So, here’s a list of some of our most frequently asked – and answered – questions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact us and we’ll gladly assist you.
Introducing our Video Brochures FAQ!
- New To Video Brochures
- Screen & Card Sizes
- How Does It Work?
- Production & Timeframes
- Video Upload / Reusing Your Video Brochure
- Printing & Bespoke Finishes
- Optional Extras
New to Video Brochures
- I’m New to Video Brochures, What’s The Process?
Simply visit our customer journey post to learn about the video brochure process.
- Do I have to produce my own artwork and video content?
The options are flexible: you can choose to produce your own artwork and video content from our cutter guides, alternatively Vidioh’s in-house studio are able to assist with your artwork design and video content. Costs are available upon request.
Screen & Card Sizes
- What screen sizes do you offer?
- Do you offer an all angle-viewing screen?
Yes we offer an all angle-viewing screen that ensures the video brochure can be clearly seen from multiple angles by reducing screen glare.
All products – excluding our 2.4” screens – have an all-angle viewing screen, (5.0” and 7.0” require an additional charge).
- What card sizes are available?
Depending upon the screen size, card sizes range from 90 x 50 mm up to A4.
- Can I have my brochure as either landscape or portrait?
Absolutely! Just call us to discuss your requirements.
- What are Just The Screens?
Just The Screens are wrapped, unprinted screens sold at a reduced unit cost, enabling printers to produce bespoke video brochures for their clients directly.
How Does It Work?
- How are my videos played?
Softback video brochure: Upon opening the video brochure, a pin located on the right inside will be released and the video will automatically start playing.
Hardback video brochure: Upon opening, two hidden magnets are released and the video automatically starts playing.
- How many buttons can I have and what configuration options are there?
For card sizes larger than 133mm x 95mm, we offer six button functionality which is included within the price. If you need more buttons we’ll provide a bespoke quote with an additional cost per button.
- What button types can I have with my video brochure?
Example button types include: Play/Pause, Volume Up (v+), Volume Down (v-), Skip Forward, Skip Back, Slideshow, ON/OFF. If you have something in particular that you would like, please feel free to ask and we’ll look into it for you.
We always recommend v+ / v-, plus a pause & play for each separate video.
- How many videos can I have?
Depending upon the screen size you can have as many as six videos, as long as they fit within your selected memory.
- What content formats are available on my video brochure? (slideshows, presentations).
Video, PowerPoint presentations and slideshows are available content formats. Both presentation and slideshows will need to be exported into a video format. But we can help with this, if required.
- Can I load JPEG images?
Yes you can have a slideshow button if you wish. You simply prefix your jpeg images in the order you would like them to appear in the slideshow.
- How many videos can I have and what’s the memory size?
You can upgrade your memory to as much as 4GB on all screen sizes except for the 2.4″ video business card. The memory required will be determined by your video(s).
- I have a three minute video. What memory do I need?
The quality of videos varies greatly and this will influence the video file size. We cannot determine how much memory you will need until we’ve received and tested your video. If you’re looking to reduce the file size we recommend configuring the bitrate and compressing the video. But don’t worry – we can help you make sense of that, too.
Generally speaking, the standard memory is usually plenty of space for several videos.
Production & Timeframes
- What are the production/turnaround times?
Production times vary depending on screen size, quantity and whether you would like any optional extras. A general guide is 3 – 5 weeks. We can give you an exact timeline once you have confirmed exactly what you would like and when you can provide production files.
- How can I send my artwork and production files?
We ask that you send your artwork as PDF and AI files. We generally use WeTransfer to send and receive videos, splash-screens and artwork.
- Is there a minimum quantity order?
Yes, it’s 10 for our factory in China and for UK clients, via our Express Book Service, the quantity range permitted is 1-50.
- How do I charge a Video Brochure?
Each video brochure is charged via an included mini-usb cable which can be connected to your computer.
- What’s the full battery life length?
The standard battery life is one hour for the 2.4” & 3.0”, all other screen sizes last for two hours. We also provide an optional upgrade to four hours of battery life at an additional cost.
- What type of batteries are used?
- Can I replace the batteries?
The batteries can’t be replaced, unfortunately. However each battery can be recharged for future use.
- Do I need to artwork the buttons and where can I put them?
Yes, you will need to artwork your buttons with either text or symbols. Buttons can generally be placed anywhere as long as they follow the three golden rules of buttons:
– The centre of the buttons must be at least 20mm apart from one another.
– The centre of the buttons must be at least 20mm away from the screen.
– The centre of the buttons must be at least 20mm away from the edges of the card.
Further information on designing your artwork can be found on our artwork technical specification sheet.The options are flexible: you can choose to produce your own artwork and video content from our cutter guides, alternatively Vidioh’s in-house studio are able to assist with your artwork design and video content. Costs are available upon request.
Video Upload / Reusing Your Video Brochure
- Can I upload the videos myself?
Yes videos can easily be uploaded:
– Connect the video brochure to the PC/Mac via the mini-usb cable.
– If there are videos on the brochure, and you want to replace them with new ones, delete all the unwanted files (if you’re using a Mac you will need to empty them from your trash).
– Upload your new videos to the brochure folder.
– Rename the videos (01, 02, etc..), the ascending numbers will dictate which button each video will be played in. I.e. 01 is button 1, 02 is button 2.
- Can the videos be locked?
Yes. Videos can be locked at time of upload. This is not the standard set up and it will need to be decided prior to production.
Printing & Bespoke Finishes
- What specialist finishes can you do?
We offer a range of specialist finishes including: foil blocking, spot UV, soft touch and anti-scuff at a small extra cost.
- What print type is your video brochure?
Each video book’s print type is a universal, single sided, four-colour CMYK. You can choose between standard matt/gloss lamination, which are included in your price.
- Can Pantone colours be used in our artwork?
Yes, you can have Pantone colours. Sadly that’s not an option currently available for the Express Books.
- Is full colour printing available for the brochure
Yes, full colour printing is available for our brochure.
- What is double-sided print?
Each softback brochure is printed on one piece of card and then wrapped upon itself to form the final product. There’s a white margin where the inner right page meets the screen page. When the card artwork is a solid colour, it’s possible for an extra cost to have “double-sided print” which will enable you to choose any colour for the white margin.
- How can I personalise my units (UK Express Service)?
Our UK Express Service can be personalised in a number of way for example:
– You can personalise and print the recipient’s name/ email address/ phone number onto individual video books.
– Also personalised URL / QR codes can be printed onto each video book’s artwork. It’s possible for you to load the video content and personalised videos.
- Take a look at our blog!
- Video Business Cards
- Bespoke Products
- Vidioh Express Books
- Just the Screens